frog is one of the world’s most successful innovation and design companies and has recently turbo-charged our UK business through a number of mergers and acquisitions.
We’re growing fast, and our next move is to build on our global heritage in brand consultancy and launch a market leading UK brand offer.
Why Join frog
frog partners with customer-centric enterprises to drive sustainable growth, by building and orchestrating experiences at scale, while harnessing the power of data and technology.
We’re inventing the future of customer experiences by delivering market-defining business models, products, services, brand engagements and communications.
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our
culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being
empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your
community—and the world at large.
We believe that companies need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology and business smarts to help organisations do just this. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up. We also believe this can be done whilst having a laugh together and going home on time.
In London, we’re a team of 80+ product and service designers, developers and technologists, and strategists, and part of a global network of frog studios and the broader Capgemini group. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail, amongst many other sectors.
As an experienced Full Stack Engineer you’ll have the opportunity to lead technology teams across all stages of the product life cycle: from inception, to proof of concept, to full build and test, launching in market, and operating at scale.
You will be comfortable leading the design of technical solutions covering technology selection, application architecture, CI/CD pipelines and Cloud infrastructure, as well as working closely with teams to develop high quality products following modern engineering best practice.
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to our frog Technology strategy, helping to evolve and broaden the solutions that we provide to our clients as well as influencing our strategic technology choices; sharing both across our global community of technologists.
We will provide you with a brilliant learning ground - the opportunity to experience a variety of work and to develop your skills alongside the teams around you. And we’re one of the few consultancies delivering products to the market!
• Work with various different web and mobile technologies. We don’t have set technology stacks, although we lean towards cross-platform and open source frameworks, using cloud services that let us get stuff done quickly. Most of our recent work has used React, Node.js and Cloud serverless solutions.
• Deliver value to our clients as quickly as possible. In technology terms, this means we get good quality code and platforms built and shipped and into customers hands as fast as we can.
• Work within and lead a multi-skilled technology team and broader project team; we’re a team of do-ers and shippers.
• Lead sessions with client teams and senior stakeholders.
• Drive to proactively identify and implement improvements to the way we work, with the instinct to recognise when something isn’t working.
• Spend time reflecting on the work we’re doing and how we’re doing it. You’ll be an integral part of the development team and will help define “what good looks like” for the work we do. We’re an agile organisation with a strong culture of feedback and self-improvement.
● Experience with modern, CSS(3) styling and layout (framework agnostic) including working with CSS preprocessors and/or styled components.
● React.js development experience including state management within applications using React Hooks, Context API and/or Redux
● Built, deployed and run Node.js applications and services in production using frameworks such as Express.js or Koa
● Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
● Experience integrating with external APIs using REST and/or GraphQL
● Comfort in advocating DevOps concepts and have experience with tools and technologies that make them possible.
● Knowledge of OWASP secure coding practices, and browser DOM security
● An eye for detail and passion to make what we create shine. Our products have got to be functionally correct and they’ve also got to look good
● Excellent communication and will enjoy working in teams. We’re a highly collaborative bunch and recognise that teams, not individuals, ship products. We’re all responsible for the quality of the code and the success of the project
● The ability to manage up and initiate difficult conversations with the project leadership team
● A passion for helping to create and maintain an environment where people can do great work and learn new skills
What Makes Us Tick?
At heart we’re a strategy, design & innovation company and like to think we’ve played a big role in shaping the way brands connect with customers. From working with Steve Jobs on Apple’s design language, through to reinventing Disney’s Theme Parks, and even partnering with Porsche to turbocharge their products.
Three beliefs underpin our culture & frame the type
of people who excel at frog:
• Being a challenger brand: a home for rebels and disruptors who want to do their best work
• Making our mark: fanatically improving our world and having real impact by crafting things people love
• A belief in the power of emotion and in not compromising on quality
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog and Capgemini Invent are Equal Opportunity Employers encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected
by law. frog is a global business with teams working from every corner of the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.
Since June 2021, frog is part of Capgemini Invent
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses. Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises
a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations,
fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join frog, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with frog you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/
Make Your Mark