frog partners with customer-centric enterprises to drive sustainable growth, by building and orchestrating experiences at scale, while harnessing the power of data and technology.
We’re inventing the future of customer experiences by delivering market-defining business models, products, services, brand engagements and communications.
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience across our areas of expertise, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table.
We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and create innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets.
frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to meet the moment, and Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
frog Impact is a new proposition, a start-up within frog, one of the most recognised design consultancies in the world.
The Impact team is being built to solve population scale problems, working with government product and policy teams, to make a genuine difference to our socio-economic structures and the human experience.
We fully believe the right people are hard to find. Below is a picture of the experience we want you to have, but it's more important you're passionate about human behaviours, user-centred design and delivering meaningful purposeful work in the public sector, don’t worry about being a 100% fit. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you think it could work, let’s talk.
The lead service designer is an expert practitioner who influences and mentors others.
At this level, we'll expect you to work at the most strategic level in government projects, helping to shape policy itself as well as policy outcomes. You'll oversee design process across multiple teams and lead strategic planning and delivery across departments.
· Mapping not just the problem space, but identifying and prioritising which are the highest impact and low risk problems to be solved, collaborating with policy teams, senior civil servants and Ministers to shape policy design itself. This is about shaping out socio-economic futures.
· Evidence- and context-based design. You know how to design solutions that map across multiple services and can identify the most elegant approach from possible paths. From service transformation to policy prototyping and designing the future of government, you're led by behaviours, identified needs and what the evidence tells you.
· Working within and adapting to constraints, you work with and challenge senior stakeholders. You know how to prioritise and mitigate constraints and can turn them into an advantage. You can adapt the approach depending on needs, leaving design dogma at the door.
· Facilitating decisions and risks, you can make and justify decisions characterised by high levels of risk, impact and complexity. You know how to build consensus between organisations (private or public) or highly independent and diverse stakeholders.
· Leadership and guidance. You can shift organisational structures to fixable and sustainable designs. You know how to lead on the strategy at an organisational level, marrying business needs with innovative analysis. You can solve and unblock issues between teams or departments at the highest level. You understand the psychology of a team and have strong mediation skills.
· Prototyping. You are experienced in using a variety of methods, using the best tools for the job, whether that's: Slides, Excel, clickable prototypes or coded. You know how to share best practice and coaching others and always viewing the service design process strategically, end to end.
· User focus. You have an unwavering focus on user needs, creating better outcomes for the people that government departments serve, by solving population scale problems. You have a broad knowledge of quant and qual tools and techniques to uncover blind spots, validate or invalidate hypothesis and ultimately design programmes of research that deliver the best possible solution to the problem being solved.
· Agile working. Agile is a hygiene factor, you can lead teams in Agile and Lean practices, determining the right approach for the team to take and re-evaluating through the life of a project. You can pull out issues through agile health-checks with the team to provoke the right responses. You think of new and innovative ways of working to achieve the right outcomes and are able to act as a recognised expert and advocate for the approaches, continuously reflecting and challenging the team.
· Communication skills. You can mediate between people and mend relationships, communicating with stakeholders at all levels. You know how to manage stakeholders’ expectations and facilitate discussions across high risk and complexity or under constrained timescales. You can speak on behalf of and represent the community to large audiences inside and outside of government
As a Lead at frog you will perform the project lead or lead practitioner role for your practice, depending on the size, complexity and needs of the project. You will provide input into or own project planning and set up to ensure that you and the team can do your best work. You will still play a hands-on role, however this will be balanced with leading others in their work. You will be seen by the client project team and senior client stakeholders as a trusted expert practitioner and you will build strong trusted relationships with these groups, listening to their needs and effectively managing their expectations. You will work with the Director and Principal to identify opportunities to extend the current project or do other work with the client. You will actively participate and lead Community of Practice efforts, hiring activity for your practice and broader studio efforts.
At heart we’re a strategy, design & innovation company and like to think we’ve played a big role in shaping the way brands connect with customers. From working with Steve Jobs on Apple’s design language, through to reinventing Disney’s Theme Parks, and even partnering with Porsche to turbocharge their products.
Three beliefs underpin our culture & frame the type of people who excel at frog:
• Being a challenger brand: a home for rebels and disruptors who want to do their best work
• Making our mark: fanatically improving our world and having real impact by crafting things people love
• A belief in the power of emotion and in not compromising on quality
frog and Capgemini Invent are Equal Opportunity Employers encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working from every corner of the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses.
Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Make Your Mark