frog is one of the world’s most successful innovation and design companies and has recently turbo-charged our UK business through a number of mergers and acquisitions.
We’re growing fast, and our next move is to build on our global heritage in brand consultancy and launch a market leading UK brand offer.
frog partners with customer-centric enterprises to drive sustainable growth, by building and orchestrating experiences at scale, while harnessing the power of data and technology.
We’re inventing the future of customer experiences by delivering market-defining business models, products, services, brand engagements and communications.
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
We believe that companies need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology and business smarts to help organisations do just this. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up. We also believe this can be done whilst having a laugh together and going home on time.
In London, we’re a team of 80+ product and service designers, developers and technologists, and strategists, and part of a global network of frog studios and the broader Capgemini group. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail, amongst many other sectors.
As an experienced Full Stack Engineer you will work within all aspects of solution development, including the overall design and architecture of the technical solution, implementation patterns and code quality, CI/CD pipelines and Cloud infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to work across all stages of the product life cycle: from inception, to proof of concept, to full build and test, launching in market, and operating at scale. The scope of our work and sectors is also varied, ranging from building entire beta businesses to creating brand new online experiences and mobile apps for some of the biggest players across the telecoms, banking, travel and utilities industries, and many more.
As part of our global frog technology community you will have the chance to contribute to our Technology strategy, helping to evolve and broaden the solutions that we provide to our clients as well as influencing our strategic technology choices. And we’re one of the few consultancies delivering products to the market!
This is a multi-faceted lead role. It is as much about developing software as it is learning and developing your skills and those of the teams around you. Our environment is very flexible, collaborative and varied in the projects we do - we aim for this to be the place where you can do your best work.
• Work with various different web and mobile technologies. We don’t have set technology stacks, although we lean towards cross-platform and open source frameworks, using cloud services that let us get stuff done quickly. Most of our recent work has used React, Node.js and Cloud serverless solutions.
• Deliver value to our clients as quickly as possible. In technology terms, this means we get good quality code and platforms built and shipped and into customers hands as fast as we can.
• Work within a multi-skilled technology team and as part of broader project teams alongside Designers, Product Managers, QA and Ops.
• Actively participate in sessions and workshops alongside client teams and stakeholders
• Proactively identify and implement improvements to the way we work, with the instinct to recognise when something isn’t working.
• Spend time reflecting on the work we’re doing and how we’re doing it. You’ll be an integral part of the development team and will help define “what good looks like” for the work we do. We’re an agile organisation with a strong culture of feedback and self-improvement.
• Experience with modern, CSS(3) styling and layout (framework agnostic) including working with CSS preprocessors and/or styled components.
• React.js development experience including state management within applications using React Hooks, Context API and/or Redux
• Built, deployed and run Node.js applications and services in production using frameworks such as Express.js or Koa
• Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience integrating with external APIs using REST and/or GraphQL
• Comfort in advocating DevOps concepts and have experience with tools and technologies that make them possible.
• Knowledge of OWASP secure coding practices, and browser DOM security
• An eye for detail and passion to make what we create shine. Our products have got to be functionally correct and they’ve also got to look good
• Strong communication and will enjoy working in teams. We’re a highly collaborative bunch and recognise that teams, not individuals, ship products. We’re all responsible for the quality of the code and the success of the project
• The ability to manage up and initiate difficult conversations with the project leadership team
• A passion for helping to create and maintain an environment where people can do great work and learn new skills
At heart we’re a strategy, design & innovation company and like to think we’ve played a big role in shaping the way brands connect with customers. From working with Steve Jobs on Apple’s design language, through to reinventing Disney’s Theme Parks, and even partnering with Porsche to turbocharge their products.
Three beliefs underpin our culture & frame the type of people who excel at frog:
• Being a challenger brand: a home for rebels and disruptors who want to do their best work
• Making our mark: fanatically improving our world and having real impact by crafting things people love
• A belief in the power of emotion and in not compromising on quality
frog and Capgemini Invent are Equal Opportunity Employers encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working from every corner of the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses.
Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Make Your Mark