- Understand the goals, business requirements and constraints for the project.
- Help to translate business requirements into user stories.
- Conduct secondary research, including trend benchmarking and competitor analysis.
- Create frameworks such as customer journeys, service blueprints or ecosystem maps based on inputs from research
- Define and prioritise opportunity areas and then translating them into concepts
- Design wireframes, user flow diagrams and application maps
- Create and test interactive prototypes
- Document interaction guidelines
- Prioritise MVP features and build a backlog
- Support the definition of roadmaps in collaboration with strategy and technology teams
- 5+ years of professional interaction design experience (although you might have had a different job title, like “UX designer” or “product designer”)
- Highly developed design skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Confident presentation and storytelling abilities
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams as the interaction design lead
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods
- A university degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related design or behavioural science discipline
- Experience working in a variety of organisations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer