frog is one of the world’s most successful innovation and design companies and has recently turbo-charged our UK business through a number of mergers and acquisitions.
We’re growing fast, and our next move is to build on our global heritage in brand consultancy and launch a market leading UK brand offer.
frog partners with customer-centric enterprises to drive sustainable growth, by building and orchestrating experiences at scale, while harnessing the power of data and technology.
From working with Steve Jobs on Apple’s design language, through to reinventing Disney’s Theme Parks and partnering with Porsche to turbocharge their products, we’ve spent six decades on the cutting edge of design. Now we’re inventing the future of customer experiences by delivering market-defining business models, products, services, brand engagements and communications. Our work touches hearts and moves markets.
Joining 2000+ frogs means joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving, in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience across our areas of expertise, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table.
frogs prize humour, positivity and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to meet the moment and Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community and in the world at large.
Three beliefs underpin our culture & frame the type of people who excel at frog:
• Being a challenger brand: a home for rebels and disruptors who want to do their best work
• Making our mark: fanatically improving our world and having real impact by crafting things people love
• A belief in the power of emotion; and in not compromising on quality
You will be joining the Innovation, Strategy and Design team in frog. We define growth strategies, create inspired innovation portfolios and develop products, services, and experiences that create sustainable, profitable growth for our clients.
As a team we seek to create the most potent strategy and innovation practice on Earth. We have a bold future ahead of us as we continue to partner with customer-centric enterprises to drive sustainable growth, while harnessing the power of innovation, design, data and technology. We’re inventing the future by delivering market-defining business models, products, services, brand engagements and communications.
We are looking for a Strategic Design Manager to join the Innovation team in our London office.
As an experienced practitioner you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to drive complex programmes from inception through to completion.
As a client-facing leader, you will oversee day-to-day relationships with clients, providing thoughtful and pragmatic leadership, and identifying opportunities to scale and deepen relationships.
As a key contributor to your practice, you will build best practices and tools that help teams manage and deliver best-in-class innovation, strategy, and design programmes
As a Strategic Design Manager you would be responsible for:
• Leading the strategic design management process, including contracts, programme organisation, resourcing, plan development, scope management and risk mitigation.
• Building trust with clients, managing their expectations with confidence and professionalism.
• Working collaboratively with cross functional teams, both inside and outside of frog.
• Proactively and clearly communicating status, risks, and issues internally and with clients.
• Managing programme budgets.
• Maintaining appropriate programme documentation related to deliverables, schedule, and budget.
• Aiding in the ongoing evolution of the Strategic Design Management discipline within frog.
• Enabling frog teams to do the best work of their career.strategy, and design programmes
• 5+ years in consulting, agency or industry-related experience managing teams of cross-disciplinary resources with complex, multi-location programmes.
• Experience and knowledge of design and design processes, combined with technology.
• Experience with implementing project management tools, methodologies, and best practices (Agile a plus).
• Experience in account management and business development practices.
• Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills with impeccable responsiveness and follow-through on details.
• Ability to develop strong relationships and enable cohesiveness across diverse individual skills and styles.
• Proven ability and desire to solve problems and look for opportunities for improvement.
• Passion for human-centred design and empathy for those who we design for.
It would be a bonus if you had:
• Experience in the delivery of digital products, designing compelling user experiences and implementing them through the most appropriate development tools and technologies.
• Experience in defining design ops and shaping design and delivery teams.
You should ideally have a graduate degree and a wealth of programme management experience – for an innovation consulting firm, a design firm or within a start-up environment, at Senior or Lead level as a minimum.
You shall be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Powerful Storytelling. You should have an intuitive ability to represent complex concepts in a clear, concise and compelling way.
• Presentation Skills. You should be experienced presenting to senior executives and large audiences, both formally and informally.
• Creative Sensibilities. You should have a well-honed aesthetic appreciation, and experience working with creative teams across a range of disciplines and deliverables.
• Diverse Experience. You will have depth in 1-2 sectors or categories, but you should be able to demonstrate a range of category experience and feel comfortable working across sectors.
• Contagious Passion. You should see and be inspired by disruptive innovation and transformational ideas, and be able to stoke the fires of those around you.
• Considered Opinions. You should be able to form thoughtful and considered perspectives, supported by both objective fact and strategic conviction.
• Inspirational Leadership. You should be able to inspire a project team working with you to push for excellence and deliver bold, fresh thinking.
frog and Capgemini Invent are Equal Opportunity Employers encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working from every corner of the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses.
Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Make Your Mark