What will you be doing?
Industry leaders are working urgently to put their companies on new footing and are coming to us to partner in their transformation. Through Venture Design, we empower these leaders to rapidly reorient their businesses to drive diversification, resilience and growth by defining, building and scaling disruptive new businesses that are tailor-made for the Next Economy. We also collaborate with clients to enhance their current businesses with new high-performing products, services, and experiences.
As a Strategy Director, Venture Design, you will nurture and coach a team of strategists, structure and sell consulting engagements to frog clients, especially in German-speaking regions, and partner with peers in design, technology, and program management to ensure we deliver high quality work to our clients. As part of our ventures team, you will oversee Corporate Venture Building and related efforts in the German market, and contribute to the global Venture Design practice.
Your role includes:
- Business Development – Source, scope, budget, pitch and support new pursuits, including tracking and forecasting venture design project activity in your region
- Project leadership & support – Lead and/or support projects to successful completion, including hands-on development and support of project deliverables.
- Client engagement – You will work closely with our clients to understand their objectives and define consulting engagements to achieve them. You will be a trusted advisor to a network of executives, maintaining these relationships beyond immediate projects
- Team leadership & support – Help recruit, mentor, motivate, and retain a team of strategists in our Munich studio. You will train them in strategy techniques and methods, such as business model development, financial modelling, product portfolio planning, product-market fit, organisational design, go-to-market planning, trend analysis, and customer/market research.
- Thought Leadership – You will help upskill your colleages, and drive interest in frog by researching, publishing, and speaking in public forums on topics related to frog’s work, such as venture building, innovation, product strategy and broader trends in strategy & design
- Internal engagement – Network and engage beyond frog to leverage broader Capgemini capabilities and account relationships to accelerate the growth of the Venture Design practice, deepen account relationships and generate downstream opportunities for other Capgemini teams
frog clients come to us to help them envisage and build new businesses, or to enhance their existing business with new products, services, and experiences.
We want you to have:
- 7+ years of experience in venture design and/or the development of new products & services – user research, envisioning new solutions, market validation, business modelling, requirements definition, architecture definition, design, implementation, and go-to-market strategies.
- Strong product strategy skills, including quantitative and qualitative research experience, and a toolkit of frameworks and approaches to product/service development
- A history of bringing new ventures, products, services and experiences to market
- Experience in structuring and selling consulting engagements
- A track record of building teams and motivating strategists, designers, and technologists to do great work
- Authentic and confident presentation and communication skills
- A willingness to travel for project delivery and client meetings
- Excellent German language skills and fluent English in both writing and speaking
It would be a bonus if you also have:
- Entrepreneurial experience, e.g. as a founder, startup team member, VC, corporate venture builder, etc.
- Sustainability fluency, demonstrating an understanding the interconnected social, environmental and climate impacts shaping our world and future – and the role that strategy, design and technology must play in orienting us toward more positive outcomes
- Published thought leadership, with a track record of presenting and teaching in public forums and a social media presence
- Experience working in a creative environment with designers, and an interest in human centred design (sometimes called design thinking)
- In your cover letter, please tell us why you are interested in frog.
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working across the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.