What will you be doing?
The Senior Design Technologist is an expert in bringing design to life using new technology. The design may not be limited to the screen, it could be a screen based digital experience or an immersive connected experience with multiple touchpoints. He/She is responsible for requirements analysis, rapid visual and interaction prototyping, visual and non-visual component design, and successful implementation and/or integration of software applications and services, hardware prototypes, and interactive installations. At frog design, the Senior Technologist will not only provide a high-fidelity implementation, but also creatively enhances the vision of the interaction and visual design. He/She bridges the gap between design and technology by providing technical guidance during the design process — not only bringing awareness to constraints, but also applying their creative thinking and problem solving abilities to create opportunities for innovation. Other responsibilities include collaborating with designers to express requirements as interactive prototypes, utilizing appropriate tools, assets, and methodologies to facilitate the iterative workflow between designers and technologists, and leveraging his/her own design sensibilities during implementation cycles.
- Translate requirements into detailed application specifications using best practices and a sound knowledge of connected hardware product and/or software product design lifecycle
- Design the layout, controls, interactions, and animation of human machine interfaces
- Provide technology leadership throughout the project lifecycle
- Serve as the primary technical contact with clients and third-parties
- Participate in project scoping and estimation tasks
- Provide solution, application, or services architecture recommendations
- Provide oversight through product implementation phase to client/partner engineering team
- Your work covers a near-infinite range of projects that engage with all elements of HTML, CSS and JS as well as backend languages.
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following:
- 8+ years of professional experience designing and developing digital experiences (Front-End and Back-End web development systems) with rich user interfaces on a variety of technology platforms
- Ability to provide substantiated strategic technology and architecture recommendations
- Strong written/oral communication skills and a willingness to contribute to inline code documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in the sciences, engineering, or a creative discipline is required (a master’s degree is preferred)
- Strong leadership skills and a willingness to mentor junior Design Technologists
- Ability to lead tasks throughout the project lifecycle, serve as the primary technical contact with clients and third-parties, participate in project scoping and estimation tasks, and provide architecture, solution, and/or services recommendations
- A portfolio of recent work history showcasing successful product releases (particularly those not limited to screen based interactions) and demonstrate a passion for emerging technologies and best practices
- You have a keen interest in new technologies.
- You like trying stuff out, and you love innovation.
Plus, experience in the following technologies:
- Rich user interfaces Front-End experience, integrating animations and responsive web development is a plus
- Efficiency is key and LESS is more. The same is true for other stylesheet languages you may have mastered, such as Sass/SCSS.
- You have experience with RESTful Services and all kinds of APIs
- If you have experience with Graphql is a big plus.
- Experience in launching a product to market is a plus.
- Mobile application, native iOS / Android is a plus
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, NodeJs, .Net and Java
- Familiarity with Chinese tech digital Eco Systems (Tencent and Ali)
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working across the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.