What will you be doing?
Interaction Designers are responsible for designing the behaviour of interactive products, from overarching interaction models down to detailed micro-interactions. Interaction Designers create the core scaffolding and guidelines (architecture, user flows, navigation models, etc) that shape how people interact with products, and collaborate closely with Visual Designers and Design Technologists to bring these to life in the final product.
As a Senior Interaction Designer, you are expected to represent depth in the craft of interaction design: as an individual contributor, as a mentor and guide for more junior colleagues, and as a contributor to the global community of practice. You will often be the backbone of your projects from beginning to end. You will plan, prioritise, and deliver interaction design activities autonomously, in the context of interdisciplinary projects. You will lead client conversations within your domain, providing articulate recommendations and helping guide client choices. You will have opportunities to lead small teams on projects and contribute to business development through proposal-writing and pitches.
Your fellow frogs will rely on you to:
- Bridge the gap between research insights and tangible concepts
- Make sense of complex systems or large volumes of data and content and represent them in simplified models
- Refine concepts into meaningful narratives that speak to business opportunities, technical feasibility and organisation set up
- Identify the right interaction patterns to apply in each context
- Collaborate fluidly with visual designers and developers
On a typical project you will:
- Understand the goals, business requirements and constraints for the project.
- Help to translate business requirements into user stories.
- Conduct secondary research, including trend benchmarking and competitor analysis.
- Create frameworks such as customer journeys, service blueprints or ecosystem maps based on inputs from research
- Define and prioritise opportunity areas and then translating them into concepts
- Design wireframes, user flow diagrams and application maps
- Create and test interactive prototypes
- Document interaction guidelines
- Prioritise MVP features and build a backlog
- Support the definition of roadmaps in collaboration with strategy and technology teams
We want you to have:
- 5+ years of professional interaction design experience (although you might have had a different job title, like “UX designer” or “product designer”)
- Highly developed design skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Confident presentation and storytelling abilities
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams as the interaction design lead
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods
- Affinity with frog’s values, and a passion for creating products that meet peoples functional and emotional needs
- Bilingual in both Chinese and English
It would be a bonus if you had:
- A university degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related design or behavioural science discipline
- Experience working in a variety of organisations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer
- As part of your application, please include a link or PDF of your portfolio of recent work, highlighting your abilities and experience relevant to the role, with specific examples of how you work, think, collaborate, and contribute to great design outcomes. Please note that we are unable to accept any applications without a portfolio.
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working across the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.