What will you be doing?
This is a leadership role at frog. You are expected to help frog grow its reputation, business and people through Project Leadership, Discipline Leadership, and Business Development.
You will have primary responsibility for project delivery as a day-to-day engagement leader (sometimes with Director or Executive Director oversight on larger, more complex programs), and guide teams of designers, technologists, program managers and strategists. You will build relationships with clients while advising and supporting the frog project team with leadership and hands-on engagement. You will work across every stage of the project lifecycle to ensure that the concepts and design decisions are sensitive to both the needs of users and our clients’ businesses. You will chart a path forward together with your frog team, even when information is ambiguous and the project challenging. You should be eager to involve clients in the design process, highly responsive to feedback, and excited to present your team’s ideas in front of executives. On a typical project you will:
- Lead a project team to achieve the highest level of performance without compromising timelines and team harmony
- Set quality standards, with a deep understanding of the client’s goals, business requirements and constraints, for qualitative foundational & evaluative research, insight articulation, experience model development (e.g., customer journeys, behavioural archetypes, service blueprints, etc.), design and testing.
- Lead and contribute to develop insights, define, and prioritise opportunity areas, and envision concepts
- Lead and contribute to create meaningful customer/user feedback loops through build test & learn cycles
- Lead and contribute to prioritise MVP features, build a backlog, and create strategic product roadmaps
You are part of the design discipline leadership in your studio and will help cultivate the design culture and team. Specifically:
- You will manage direct reports and coach and mentor junior colleagues, providing guidance and support for their growth, and specific and actionable feedback
- You will participate in talent acquisition, either as a hiring manager, or member of hiring teams
- You will collaborate on business development efforts with our BD Team and fellow discipline leaders - crafting approaches, writing proposals, and presenting to prospective clients
- You will ensure that the projects you lead continue beyond their initial scopes and identify additional opportunities within the client’s organisation
- You will create content for frog’s demand generation activities and establish yourself as a thought leader in your discipline
We want you to have:
- 5+ years of professional human centred design ‘thinking & doing’ consulting experience with specific experience in one or more areas of the product development lifecycle, for example as a Visual Designer, Interaction Designer, Service Designer, Product Designer, Design Strategist or Experience Designer
- Proficiency with contemporary research, design and prototyping tools and methods
- Affinity with frog’s values, and a passion for creating products that meet peoples functional and emotional needs
- An outstanding track record as a design leader and contributor for experience strategies, design systems, products, services and customer experiences that delight customers/users and achieve business results
- High peer, end-user, or client satisfaction with the work products that you created
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills, with the ability to guide high performing teams using persuasion and influence (rather than command and control)
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills
- Willingness to travel for research, project delivery, and client meetings
- Business level ability in English
It would be a bonus if you had:
- A university degree in a relevant design, business, technology, or social science discipline
- Experience working in a variety of organisations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer
- Published thought leadership, with a track record of presenting and teaching in public forums and a social media presence.
- A second language (and every additional language is a plus!)
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working across the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.